I got to know about this a few days ago and was actually asked to find more about this. Does anybody, especially those in Delhi, know about this ?
OSS Camp is based on philosophy of Bar Camp. Barcamp is an ad-hoc gathering born out of the desire for people to meet up, share, exchange ideas and possibilities in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. OSS Camp is organized by the community and strictly not for profit. More than 300 Geeks from across the world are expected to participate. Participation is free of cost! A number of MySQL & PHP specific tracks are being presented by different speakers. For the first time in India, PHP Camp and MySQL Camp is being organized as part of OSS Camp. Participate in these Camps by being speaker and share great work that you are doing. You may also like to join in the organizing committee. If your organization is willing to sponsor this event, this may be a right opportunity to attract great talent, brand building and showing your support to Open Source Movement. Come Over and participate in Open Source Magic and meet the best brains from the industry! You can also send a word around your organization and write blogs to make this unconference a great success!
The OSS Camp, Delhi, is a step forward towards the facilitation of the Open Source Community in India. It will be the premier platform for the Indian Open Source community. The objectives of the conference are to:
1. Create a platform to discuss the current scenario of Open Source in India.
2. Facilitate the community with sessions on the various Open Source Technologies and available Tools
3. Create a community for the propagation of the Open Source Philosophy in India.
The event is scheduled for September 8th & 9th, 2007. We expect the final number of participants to be around 300.
The target audience for the event include:
* Members of open source communities all over the world,
* IT Professionals,
* Students of Management & IT, and,
* Technology Enthusiasts.
Over the two-day period, a number of sessions will be held at the event venue. The topics include: Open Source Licensing, Building Communities, Open Source Technologies, Open Source Philosophy, etc.
For more details you can visit:
- OSS Camp, Delhi Website at http://www.osscamp.in/OSSCampDelhi
- Complete list of Sessions at http://www.osscamp.in/OSSCampDelhi/index.php?title=Topics
- Complete list of Attendee or Registrations at http://www.osscamp.in/OSSCampDelhi/index.php?title=Campers
- Our Sponsors at http://www.osscamp.in/OSSCampDelhi/index.php?title=Sponsor